Experience the simplicity and deliciousness of Garlic Butter Potato Wedges, ready in 30 minutes. These warm, comforting wedges are a must-try for 2-4 servings.
Garlic Butter Potato Wedges
Delight in Garlic Butter Potato Wedges, a dish that embodies simplicity and heartiness in each bite. These wedges are the epitome of comfort food, offering a delightful blend of crispy exteriors and soft, tender insides. With a prep time of less than 30 minutes, it’s a quick and satisfying choice for small gatherings or a cozy evening at home. The magic of this recipe lies in the rich flavors of garlic and butter, which elevate basic potato wedges to a level of indulgence that will keep you coming back for more.
Why This Recipe Works
This recipe excels by taking ordinary potato wedges and turning them into something extraordinary. The key is the buttery garlic sauce that coats every wedge, infusing them with irresistible flavor. Roasting the wedges at a high temperature ensures they become wonderfully crispy on the outside while maintaining a soft and fluffy interior. This winning combination of textures and flavors makes Garlic Butter Potato Wedges a surefire crowd-pleaser.
Cook’s Tips for the Best Results
- Keep the potato skins on for added flavor and texture.
- Avoid overcrowding the baking sheet to allow the wedges to crisp up.
- Ensure even coating by thoroughly tossing the wedges in the garlic butter mixture.
- Personalize the flavor with your preferred seasonings such as paprika or grated Parmesan for extra depth of taste.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store any leftover potato wedges in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To restore crispiness, reheat them in the oven or toaster oven.
Yes, you can opt for dairy-free margarine or oil as a substitute for butter if you prefer a dairy-free option.
Recipe Card and Video
- 4 gold potatoes, washed and cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (or your preferred herb)
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- In a large bowl, add in melted butter, minced garlic, dried rosemary, salt, and black pepper. Stir all ingredients together.
- Place the potato wedges in a large mixing bowl and drizzle the garlic butter mixture over them. Toss the wedges to ensure even coating.
- Arrange the coated potato wedges in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, ensuring they have some space between them.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, flipping the wedges halfway through, or until they are golden brown and crispy on the outside, and tender on the inside.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with fresh parsley for a pop of color and freshness.