Discover the simplicity and deliciousness of Oven-Baked Salmon, ready in less than 30 minutes. This recipe serves 2-4, delivering a warm and nourishing dish.
Oven Baked Salmon
Experience the delightful ease of Oven-Baked Salmon, a recipe that effortlessly combines convenience with gourmet flavor. In just 30 minutes, you can create a restaurant-quality dish serving 2-4. This salmon is expertly seasoned and baked to perfection, resulting in tender, flaky filets with a melt-in-your-mouth quality. The dish exudes warmth and comfort, making it perfect for quick weeknight dinners or special gatherings. Elevate your dining experience with this accessible yet luxurious salmon recipe.
Why This Recipe Works
This recipe excels by harnessing the inherent flavors of salmon and enhancing them with the ideal mix of seasonings. Baking the salmon ensures consistent cooking and preserves its moisture, resulting in a buttery texture. The method is straightforward, making it accessible to cooks of all levels. Whether you’re a seafood enthusiast or trying salmon for the first time, this recipe guarantees a delectable and satisfying outcome
Cook’s Tips for the Best Results
- Opt for fresh salmon filets with firm, translucent flesh.
- Pat the salmon dry before seasoning to ensure a crispy exterior.
- Adjust seasonings to your preference, adding more or less lemon, herbs, or spices.
- Be cautious not to overcook; salmon is ready when it flakes easily with a fork.
Frequently Asked Questions
While fresh salmon is recommended for the best taste and texture, you can use frozen salmon filets. Ensure they are completely thawed before following the recipe.
Roasted vegetables, a fresh salad, or garlic mashed potatoes make excellent accompaniments that complement the salmon’s flavors.
The salmon is done when it flakes easily with a fork. It should appear opaque and have an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
Recipe Card and Video
- 4 salmon filets (6-8 oz each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 lemon (sliced)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Place the salmon filets on the prepared baking sheet, skin-side down, and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper.
- Evenly brush the olive oil mixture over the salmon filets. Marinate the salmon in the seasoning mixture for 20 minutes before baking.
- Arrange lemon slices on top of each filet. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the salmon easily flakes with a fork and reaches an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C).
- Once done, remove the Oven-Baked Salmon from the oven, garnish with fresh parsley if desired, and serve immediately.