Delight in the simplicity and exquisite taste of Shrimp Alfredo, ready in 15 minutes. This comforting recipe serves 2-4, ensuring a creamy and satisfying meal.
Immerse yourself in the comforting allure of Shrimp Alfredo, a recipe that seamlessly combines ease with gourmet flavors. In just half an hour, you can craft a restaurant-quality dish serving 2-4. Succulent shrimp are skillfully prepared and then bathed in a velvety Alfredo sauce that’s rich, creamy, and bursting with Parmesan cheese. This recipe brings a touch of opulence to your dinner table, making it perfect for both quick weeknight indulgences and special gatherings. Elevate your dining experience with this straightforward yet decadent shrimp Alfredo.
Why This Recipe Works
This recipe excels by marrying the tender, delicate taste of shrimp with the luxuriously creamy Alfredo sauce. Sautéing the shrimp in garlic and butter enriches their flavor and highlights their innate sweetness. The Alfredo sauce, blending cream, butter, and Parmesan cheese, creates a silky, indulgent sauce that harmonizes flawlessly with the seafood. This uncomplicated recipe ensures that even novice cooks can produce a restaurant-quality dish that’s both comforting and sumptuous.
Cook’s Tips for the Best Results
- Choose large, deveined shrimp for superior texture and flavor.
- Season the shrimp with salt and black pepper to establish a flavorful foundation.
- Be careful not to overcook the shrimp; they are ready when they turn pink and opaque.
- Enhance presentation and flavor by garnishing with fresh herbs like parsley or basil.
Frequently Asked Questions
Indeed, frozen shrimp can be used. However, it’s crucial to ensure they are fully thawed and well-dried before cooking to prevent excess moisture.
You can use half-and-half or whole milk for a lighter version of the Alfredo sauce. Keep in mind that this might result in a slightly thinner sauce.
To prevent curdling, avoid rapidly boiling the sauce once you’ve added the cream and cheese. Instead, stir continuously over medium heat until the cheese is completely melted, and the sauce becomes smooth.
Recipe Card and Video
- 1 lb (450g) large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Season the shrimp with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Add the seasoned shrimp to the skillet and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, until they turn pink and opaque. Remove the cooked shrimp from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, pour in the heavy cream and add the grated Parmesan cheese. Stir continuously over medium heat until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens, about 3-4 minutes.
- Return the cooked shrimp to the skillet, tossing them in the Alfredo sauce until well coated and heated through. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired, enjoy the creamy and luxurious flavors of this delightful dish!