Treat yourself to the deliciousness of Skillet Roasted Brussels Sprouts. This simple, healthy recipe serves 2-4 and is ready in 15 minutes, bursting with flavor.
Skillet Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Craving a rapid and delightful side? Your answer is this Skillet-Roasted Brussels Sprouts recipe! In less than half an hour, you can create a mouthwatering dish. This recipe is not only quick and simple but also incredibly satisfying.
Why This Recipe Works?
This recipe is ideal for weeknight dinners because it’s quick and easy to prepare, uses minimal ingredients, and minimizes cleanup since it’s all cooked in one pan. Its adaptability makes it a reliable side dish that pairs well with various main courses.
Additionally, it’s a nutritious choice with opportunities for personalization to suit different tastes. Its delightful caramelized texture, often enhanced with garlic, elevates an ordinary weeknight meal into a flavorful and enjoyable dining experience, even for those who aren’t usually fans of Brussels sprouts.
Cook’s Tips for the Best Results
For the best outcome, please follow the tips below:
- Select Brussels sprouts that are of uniform size to ensure even cooking.
- Trim the stem end and remove any withered outer leaves.
- Avoid overcrowding the skillet; opt for a larger one if necessary to achieve the desired caramelization.
- Utilize a lid to expedite the cooking process and tenderize the sprouts without dehydrating them.
Frequently Asked Question
Unlike some other veggies, you can parboiled Brussels sprouts, even a day earlier, to make them roast faster without making them mushy.
Fresh Brussels sprouts are the preferred choice for this recipe since they roast and caramelize more effectively. Frozen sprouts often release more moisture and won’t achieve the same level of crispiness.
Recipe Card and Video
- 12 oz. Brussels sprouts
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 dashes ground black pepper
- Rinse the Brussels sprouts with water and sliced into halves.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and let it heat for 1 or 2 minutes. Sauté the garlic a few times, add the Brussels sprouts, salt and pepper. Stir to combine well.
- Let the sprouts cook undisturbed for approximately 5-7 minutes, or until the undersides become beautifully golden and crisp. Occasionally stir to ensure even cooking. Lower the heat, place a lid on the skillet, and allow the Brussels sprouts to simmer for another 5-7 minutes, or until they become tender and can be easily pierced with a fork
- Remove from the skillet and serve immediately. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.