Get your green in with this Sautéed Broccoli recipe! This is a quick and simple way to give broccoli incredible flavor and a satisfying crunch that even picky eaters will agree is pretty good.
Ingredients in Sautéed Broccoli
This recipe only requires a couple ingredients! I almost always have these on hand so I can make this quick broccoli whenever I’m craving something fresh.
- Fresh broccoli
- Fresh Parmesan (go for the higher-quality stuff for best flavor!)
- Salt and pepper
- A squeeze of lemon
How to Make Sauteed Broccoli
Making Sauteed Broccoli only requires a couple minutes at the stovetop! It’s a really easy side dish that pairs great with some of my favorite main dishes like Bacon Pasta, Honey Garlic Salmon, or Chicken Parmesan.
- Start by heating a little butter in a skillet. Add fresh garlic and sauté it for 10 seconds, until it gets just a little browned.
- Add in the broccoli and cook, turning occasionally, until the florets are fork-tender and the edges begin to brown a little bit. This will only take a couple minutes!
- Remove it from the heat and finish it with a squeeze of lemon and fresh Parmesan!
Health Benefits of Broccoli
Broccoli is high in fiber, vitamins C and K, and filled with antioxidants. Making Sautéed Broccoli for dinner is a great way to get this nutrition and health benefits into your diet! Sprinkling cheese on top helps kids who might be unsure about eating greens to give it a try.
More Sides to Try
Recipe Card and Video
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 - 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz broccoli florets
- 1/8 teaspoon salt or to taste
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Lemon juice
- Heat up a skillet on medium-high heat. Add the garlic and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add the broccoli florets, stir a few times before adding salt and ground black pepper.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes or until the broccoli florets are just cooked. Turn off the heat and grate Parmesan cheese on top of the sauteed broccoli with a squeeze of lemon juice. Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 175Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 35mgSodium 277mgCarbohydrates 11gFiber 4gSugar 2gProtein 5g