Winner, winner, chicken dinner. Nothing beats an easy and delicious one-pot chicken dinner for the entire family, especially it’s doused in a rich, buttery and creamy sauce!
Garlic and butter do wonders to simple ingredients, and there is no exception to chicken. The key is to make a delicious sauce and chicken broth plus heavy whipping cream will be your answer to this recipe.
TIPS ON HOW TO COOK CREAMY GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN
- Use your favorite chicken parts. I like chicken quarters as they are juicier. Cut up the thighs and drumsticks so it takes shorter time to cook through the chicken.
- Always pan-fry the chicken with the skin side down first. The fat from the skin will coat your skillet with grease so the chicken won’t stick to the skillet.
- Discard the chicken fat from the skillet before making the sauce!
- You may use skinless and boneless chicken if you like: breasts and thighs.
- Garlic, lots of garlic. When it comes to garlic, the more is definitely merrier.
- Cream. I used heavy whipping cream but you can opt for whipping cream for lower calories.
CREAMY GARLIC BUTTER CHICKEN PASTA
Serve the garlic butter chicken with plain spaghetti. All you have to do is cook the spaghetti to al dente, and scoop the chicken and sauce onto the pasta. Dinner is ready in 20 minutes and there is only one pot to clean.
OTHER RECIPES YOU MIGHT LIKE
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken quarters, cut and separate the thighs and drumsticks
- Ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 15 cloves garlic peeled and top trimmed off
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 dashes cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Season both sides of the chicken with salt and pepper. Pan dry the chicken on a skillet, skin side down on medium heat until both sides turn crispy and golden brown. Set the chicken aside and discard the oil from the skillet.
- Add the melted butter and to the skillet and add the garlic and saute. Add the chicken broth, heavy whipping cream and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine well. Add the chicken, cayenne pepper, salt and lower the heat to simmer, turning the chicken a couple of times so they are completely cooked through.
- Add the chopped parsley. Stir, turn off the heat and serve immediately with plain spaghetti.
Amount Per Serving Calories 448 Total Fat 31g Saturated Fat 13g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 16g Cholesterol 188mg Sodium 511mg Carbohydrates 4g Fiber 0g Sugar 1g Protein 38g