Honey Garlic Chicken is a simple way to make juicy, flavorful chicken that tastes amazing with all of your favorite side dishes! You only need one pan, 15 minutes, and a handful of ingredients you probably already have in the kitchen to make this delicious weeknight dinner.
What is Honey Garlic Chicken?
Honey Garlic Chicken is made from seasoned chicken thighs cooked in a sauce made of honey, butter, and soy sauce.
Once the pan is hot, we sauté fresh garlic to add the tastiest finishing touch! It’s filled with classic and comforting flavors that everyone agrees is delicious.
The ingredients in Honey Garlic Chicken are:
- Boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Unsalted butter
- Soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Paprika or cayenne pepper
- Minced garlic cloves
- Lemon juice
- Parsley for garnish
How to Make Honey Garlic Chicken?
This is a fifteen minute recipe, so it’s just right for the end of a busy day or even lunchtime.
- Start with seasoning boneless, skinless chicken thighs with salt, pepper, and paprika or cayenne. I love cayenne, but be careful if you’re serving it to children because it’s spicy!
- Combine melted butter, honey and soy sauce, mix it well, and set it aside. You’ll need it in just a minute.
- Heat up a skillet, add the cooking oil, and pan fry the chicken thighs on high heat until both sides turn brown.
- Push the chicken thighs to one aside of the skillet and add the minced garlic. Sauté for 30 seconds until its slightly brown and fragrant. Now you’ll make the sauce!
- Add the honey garlic sauce to the skillet and lower the heat. Let it simmer and reduce until it’s slightly thickened.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice, top the chicken with a little parsley, and serve it hot with Fried Rice or Garlic Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower!
More Easy Weeknight Dinners
- 1 lb. boneless and skinless chicken thighs
- Ground black pepper
- Paprika or cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Honey Garlic Sauce:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Season the chicken with salt, ground black pepper and dashes of paprika or cayenne pepper. If you use cayenne pepper, just use 1 dash on each chicken thigh as it's spicy.
- Combine melted butter, honey and soy sauce together. Stir to mix well.
- Heat up a skillet and add the cooking oil. Pan fry the chicken thighs on high heat, until both sides turn brown.
- Push the chicken thighs to one aside of the skillet and add the minced garlic. Saute for 30 seconds.
- Add the honey garlic sauce to the skillet and lower the heat to low. Let simmer and reduce the sauce until it's slightly thickened. Add lemon juice, stir to mix well.
- Top the chicken with chopped parsley, serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 306Total Fat 16gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 154mgSodium 569mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 28g