This is definitely one of our favorite ways to prepare chicken. This is a tender, juicy Chicken Parmesan recipe that you can make in no time at all!
What is Chicken Parmesan?
This is a classic dish made with breaded chicken, red sauce, and parmesan cheese. It’s a go-to when ordering at Italian restaurants because it’s just so delicious and comforting! It’s also incredibly easy to make at home and serve with your favorite Italian sides.
How to Make Chicken Parmesan From Scratch
It’s actually really easy to make this dish from scratch! There’s no need to order in when you can make restaurant-quality food right at home with a couple easy ingredients.
- Gather your ingredients and prepare the chicken. Cut each breast into 4 cutlets and brush it with olive oil.
- Pan-fry the chicken until each side is a golden brown. Move it onto a pan and brush each piece of chicken with a spoonful of marinara sauce, then a sprinkle of mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Bake the chicken at 450F for 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Enjoy!
Can I Make Chicken Parmesan With Other Cheeses?
You can use mozzarella or even provolone to make this dish. Chicken Parmesan actually got its name because it originated in Parma, Italy, not because it was always made with parmesan! You can use your favorite kind of cheese for the best taste.
What Can Be Served with Chicken Parmesan?
Recipe Card and Video
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- Ground Black Pepper
- 1 lb skinless and boneless chicken breasts (2 chicken breasts)
- 4 tablespoons bottled marinara sauce
- 4 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped Parsley, optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Slice the chicken breasts into 4 chicken pieces of cutlet.
- In a small bowl, add the olive oil, rosemary, salt and ground black pepper.
- Brush the olive oil mixture on both sides of the chicken cutlets.
- Heat up a skillet and pan-fry the chicken cutlets until both sides turn brown. Remove from the skillet and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Add 1 tablespoon of marinara sauce on top of each piece of chicken cutlet. Follow by 1 tablespoon of mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for about 5-10 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
Amount Per Serving Calories 300Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 105mgSodium 441mgCarbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 38g